Monday, August 8, 2011

Florida, Solilla and entering the Rapmosphere



We stayed at the Solilaquists of Sound mansion. Best introduction to Rap Lyfe that you could get. They were super positive straight edge vegan beams of light and energy. I didn't take photo's with them. I was still pretty nervous and didn't know I was going to be inspired to do a blog initially. We played my first show with them at there improv night and it was crazy to try and follow them after they created a small scale riot on stage. The energy was just incredible and I don't know if I've seen anything like it since. I also had the pleasure of Arnis training with soiliquist beat maker Davinci and Egyptian political refuge hip hop and video producer X144. X was flown back in to the states when fire bombing was going off in his back yard the week we played. That week Egypt would gain it's freedom. He was described to me from Swamburger (Solilla's vocalist) as the JayZ of Egypt. He is the first to build a rap studio there and the first to have a rap label there. Here is a Solillaquist video X produced with examples of the type of martial arts we practiced. Only in Rap Lyfe. (adding video later when it decides it wants to work)




Jacksonville babes are sweet.




Willie Evans Junior is far beyond an opening act but was my favorite opening act in Florida.




New buck



DJ Rare Groove. Every morning we would wake up and Groove would welcome me to Rap Lyfe (hence the title). I think it is fair to say that Groove is one of my all-time favorite people and drinking buddy. Little known fact: Groove learned how to read as a small child from the covers of 45's. True story.

Miami Pics. Where I first met Wreckognize the vocalist for Mayday. Played at a church and stayed with Charlie Fast.




No comments:

Post a Comment